Cross Country Uniform / InformationUpdated Monday May 23, 2016 by Kathy Keating.
1) The team is open to all 7th and 8th graders who attend one of Trinity's four feeder schools. (The student-athlete must attend that school; CCD students are not eligible.) The team runs under the banner of Trinity Jr High.
2) The season starts in mid-August, and runs through late October. We practice two evenings per week, usually 5:30 PM-7:00 PM. All practices are at Trinity High School.
3) We usually run one dual meet per week (probably Thursday), which will begin at 4:30 PM. Meets last about one hour. We will run one or two Saturday invitationals. All races are 2 miles. We run against other Jr High's and Middle Schools, such as Cumberland Valley, Boiling Springs, Mechanicsburg, and Bishop McDevitt.
4) The 2016 Summer Fun Runs schedule is linked! We start Summer Fun Runs in early July. We run two evenings (starting at 5:30PM) per week (Mon/Thurs) at different courses in the area. It is a great way to help determine if XC is a sport for you, and helps to start the XC fitness process. The summer runs are open to anybody... potential team members, siblings, parents, and friends.
5) We are very flexible in regard to doing other activities simultaneously during the season.
6) The only thing the athletes need is a good pair of running shoes. Trinity provides the uniforms, and Trinity pays the entry fees for invitationals. There is no cost to run on the team.